Chamomile Green Tea: Helpful for Your Heart, Body and Soul
Chamomile is a flower obtained from the daisy-like plants family Asteraceae, which includes flowers such as sunflowers and marigolds. The chamomile plant has many uses, including medicinal purposes, cooking, and creating essential oils. Chamomile can be consumed in different ways, but green tea blended with chamomile is the most popular type. It is widely believed that the use of chamomile dates back to ancient times. The Egyptians were among the first civilizations who applied it as an ingredient in medicines, cosmetics, drinks, and even food items. They would also offer it as a sacrifice to their gods and goddesses. It was the Egyptians who used chamomile in their mummification process. Romans used chamomile to add flavor to beverages and as a medicinal herb to cure an array of ailments.
When it comes to taste, nothing can beat the taste of chamomile tea. Chamomile tea tastes great with herbal and fruity notes with a refreshingly smooth finish. It can be served as iced tea.
A drink can be made by brewing tea leaves in hot water with the dried flowers of the chamomile plant. The flowers can be brewed into tea or steeped with other herbs such as mint, lemon balm, and ginger root.
Chamomile has been known for centuries as an herb with powerful healing properties, and today we will discuss how it can help your heart, body, and soul. There are several benefits associated with drinking chamomile green tea.
- Relieves Stress: Chamomile is traditionally used to ease the symptoms of nervousness. Chamomile has calming properties that are very effective in dealing with anxiety and stress-related disorders. These benefits have been proven scientifically through research done on animals by Dr. Birgit Abendroth from Germany's University of Rostock's Department of Biochemistry.
- Helps in sleep: The calming properties of chamomile tea alleviate stress and anxiety, thus helping in sound sleep. This tea is good for people with sleep disorders & insomnia.
- Aids in digestion: Chamomile is used to ease stomach problems. Chamomile is also one of the most used herbs in alternative medicine, and it has proven to be effective in easing digestive disorders such as irritable bowel syndrome. In addition, chamomile is also beneficial for people who have ulcers.
- Improves Heart Health: A study showed that chamomile can have an impact on cardiovascular health due to its ability to reduce cholesterol levels. Those who drank chamomile tea, have lower serum insulin levels and insulin resistance related to diabetics.
- Supports Skin Health: Chamomile has extensive health benefits on your mind and body. It is used to treat any type of skin problem and promotes healthy skin. In addition to this, it can also be applied topically on cuts or burns for relief.
Chamomile green tea is one of the best drinks for people who are looking for a stress-reducing drink that can provide health benefits.