Surprising Health Benefits of White Peony Tea / Bai Mudan
A peaceful morning with family on the porch with a cup of tea in your hand and the breezy weather defines your perfect beginning for a day. Everything is usually very well when the morning is well and, that is what White Peony Tea (Bai Mudan) is exceptionally prominent for; the morning breakfast tea. White peony teas are rare and are one of the delicate tea varieties present because of the minimal processing. It entirely makes white tea rich in various appalling benefits such as:
- Helps reduce the skin cancer risk: White peony tea is made from the camellia Sinensis plant in which antioxidants are found in great proportionate. The antioxidants found in this plant helps to aid the dreadful risk of skin cancer. White peony tea is loaded with catechins which help our body fight free radicals, too many free radicals might cause a lot of damage to the skin and white teas are one of the best teas to fight the free radicals. It is also directly linked to skin aging and chronic inflammation. But drinking white peony tea regularly every day might rectify skin aging; white tea (bai mudan) is proved by various researchers to be excellent for the skin. This tea is a great source of antioxidants because of the plant it is made from, which is full of molecules having antioxidant properties.
- Maintains dental health: White tea contains catechins, tannins, and fluoride that help fight the plaque in the teeth and keeps them healthy bacteria-free. This combination of molecules could help strengthen teeth by fighting bacteria and sugar. Fluoride can help prevent dental cavities by making the surface of teeth more resistant to acid attacks by bacteria in combination with sugar. Catechins prevent the growth of plaque bacteria.
- Brings down the risk of heart-related diseases: Heart diseases are caused by weight gain and uncontrolled cholesterol level which turns out to be precarious for health. White Peony Tea contains particles in an immense amount that help relax the blood vessel, prevent bad cholesterol from becoming oxidized, and increases immunity. It was revealed in a study that people who drank white tea every day had a 21% lower heart disease risk.
- Helps protect against Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s: White tea extracts can help lower the risk of both diseases. The white tea extract contains polyphenol enough to kill the free radicals, reduce inflammation, and other risk factors for both diseases. The studies have proved that white prevents the proteins from damaging the nerves.
- Helps lower the risk of insulin resistance: Insulin is a naturally produced hormone that helps control sugar levels in the body. It is sullenly related to many dreadful heart diseases and diabetes too. Nevertheless, white peony tea is rich in antioxidants and, the polyphenols found in it helps in balancing insulin by lowering insulin resistance.
- Helps lose weight: The first tea that comes to mind when talking about losing weight is green tea, but white peony tea has appalling properties for burning body fat. According to a study, it was found that white tea extirpates fat breakdowns and prevents the forming of new fat cells. Research also tells about how white tea boosts your metabolism, indicating calories burn per day. We are all well aware of the consequences that excessive weight causes to our body in the forms of various diseases, and hence it is obvious how important it is to maintain the body weight and prevent other diseases, followed by that.
- Helps lower the risk of osteoporosis: It is a very serious, deadly disease where the bones become hollow and porous. The catechins that are abundant in white tea optimistically combat the issue by interfering with the cells that break down bones and helps with bone growth.